October 30, 2018
It’s been a minute since I’ve been able to host photographers in OUR HOME (Richardson, TX), but this is one of the things that I have LOVED to do since we were living in our TINY apartment in our college town of Las Cruces, New Mexico. A little over 3 years ago, Jordan and I hosted our first ever workshop geared toward beginning photographers who are wanting to learn how to simply USE their camera.
But not only USE it, they truly want to be confident with it.
They want to capture moments to make them last longer, because they know their value.
They want the flexibility and versatility of a hobby that can not only capture moments you can savor but provide side income, provide an outlet to serve and get those creative juice flowing.
Photography has been all of this and more to me, don’t you get me started! 😉
And while I LOVE my online version of The Capture Course, I know many of you have been asking about an in-person option, and I HEAR YOU!! The extrovert within me is like, “YES, come over, and let me watch it CLICK for you! Let me MAKE SURE you truly understand and aren’t unsure.”
I want you to leave with the basic understanding of:
- becoming familiar with the buttons you need to know on your camera
- shooing in manual (how ISO, shutter speed and aperture work together)
- nailing tack sharp images
- shooting indoors versus outdoors (finding the light)
- lenses and what they can do for you
- 15 “look-fors” that you’ll need to go from “amateur-eye” to “pro-eye” in no time flat
- understanding and using “natural reflectors”
- how to use the sun to backlight your subjects
- Yes, we will have an opportunity to practice inside and outside!
- ACCESS to the online courses of The Capture Course incase you need refreshing afterward
- ACCESS to an inclusive Capture Course Community group where you can forever ask questions as they arise (because they will!).
SO YES. You did hear me. There is an EDITING option for the course, and I am SO happy about it!
For the first time in Dallas (we taught it in Las Cruces), I’m teaching about the editing program that has given me life BACK.
LIGHTROOM is hands down the best in it’s efficient workflow possibilities and detailed options. Every time someone says, “Oh, you can photoshop that right?”, I kind of giggle inside (and roll my eyes). Lightroom, it’s the way to go!
With that being said, you’ll walk away from the second half of the day’s Lightroom teaching with the basic understanding of:
- how to upload your photos
- how to cull and organize your photos in Lightroom and on an external hard drive
- a basic overview of the Library and Develop Module
- how to use the spot removal, adjustment brush and crop tools
- how to edit without a preset + how to create your own preset
- how to adjust white balance (what even IS white balance?!) 😉
- how to export for web or print and store safely for years to come
- You’ll walk away with a recording of how I edit 2 different images in a bright and clean edit so that you can be refreshed when you go home!
The Lightroom portion of the course will basically equip you to take your photos from your memory card, upload correctly, edit efficiently and quickly then export for print so that these images can end up where they belong: on your walls, in your frames and on your loved one’s desks at work.
Must have or borrow:
- DSLR camera (crop sensor or full frame)
- At least 1 lens for your camera
- A memory card for your camera
- Lightroom CC Classic (paid or free trial version)
Aren’t sure whether or not this is for you?
Email me directly at email@example.com, and we can chat to make sure you have the right gear and will walk away with the most confidence you can have to capture moments that matter. Girl, I got you!
Keep in mind, we have limited spots, due to the fact that it’s important for us to make sure we’re able to answer everyone’s questions and work 1-1 during the application portion of class.
Can’t make either of these dates but think this course would make a great gift for yourself or someone else? The Capture Course may be for you!
LASTLY! And pretty importantly, share this information with a friend who might like one or both of these courses (or with your significant other should you want it as a Christmas gift 😉 ). If you tag 3 or more friends on my Instagram post, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a FREE TICKET to one of the 2 courses! Tag away daily, and the winner will be announced 11/7/2018. 🙂